CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Kendon's birthday cake!!!

OK so here is the Birthday cake that I made for Kendon! My mom always made our birthday cakes growing up and I thought that was neat, so I wanted to carry on the tradition. I found the cake that I liked, and so I decided to try it. This is how it turned out. I must say that I am pretty proud of myself with how it turned out! 
The cake is Red Velvet with buttercream frosting in between the layers. The icing is all fondant (but it was really good tasting fondant) including the blue stripes. The #1, the bat and the balls are also all fondant, which I molded, and then the balls have buttercream frosting over them so that they look like baseballs! 
The back view
The ball on top is just the red velvet cake mix with buttercream frosting for the decorating. The big baseball was Kendon's cake. We took it off and let Kendon go at it. He had a fun time with that!

3 comments:

Kate said...

Great job! Cakes are not always easy and fondant can be a pain but it looks like you did great with both! Happy (late) birthday Kendon!

cat+tadd=sam said...

This is amazing, you are soooo talented!

Karrissa Winward said...

Wow, that is awesome! Good Job! Happy Birthday Kendon!

Whatever they grow up to be, they are still our children, and the one most important of all the things we can give them is unconditional love. Not a love that depends on anything at all except that they are our children.