CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Kendon's TaVaci Christmas Performance

When we moved here I put Kendon in a singing group called TaVaci because he LOVES to sing! They usually don't take kids until they are 4, but the teacher said she would take him because he did really well in class the first day! Every week I would take him and talk to the teacher and every week she would tell me that he did not sing at all! He said he liked singing so I kept him in it. In October they gave them a practice CD with all of their Christmas songs that they would be performing that the Christmas concert. Kendon knew EVERY song and would sing them all the time while we were driving in the car! But he would go to singing and would not sing...Well the Christmas concert was approaching, I was a little worried about it. Would he sing? He sang at home for us all the time, he even sang for Grandma and Papa on the phone! The night of Dress Rehersal I told him that if he sang I would take him to the store and buy him something special! He loves motorcycles so I told him I would buy him a toy motorcycle. He got all excited and said that he would sing. I dropped him off...when I got back and talked to the teacher she said "I don't know what you did to him today, but he sang!" It worked and Kendon got his motorcycle. The next morning he had his pajama rehersal. Again I told him theat I would take him to get something special if he would sing...this time a treat. I went to drop him off and he freaked out! He would not let me leave! He would not even sit with his class, let alone go and sit on the stage. The whole 2 hours I sat with him and watched his class practice. That night was the BIG night! I told him he would still get a treat if he would sing. We dropped him off and he was fine! We went and sat down and waited for the performance to start. Grandma, Papa, Chelsey and Reed came to see him too! When they closed the curtains and it was time to start I leaned over to JK and said "The question is, will Kendon be behind that curtain when they open them or not?" He had been so funny about everything. They opened the curtains and Kendon was there! front row right in the middle right where he was supposed to be!!! They started their opening song and Kendon just stood there and looked at everyone around him. I was just proud of him for being there at that point! He was the youngest in the class, and it was probably really scary for him to stand on stage in front of 200 people! About 30 seconds into the song Kendon slowly and I mean SLOWLY walked forward just a little bit and then turned and started walking off the stage! He was making his exit! It was HILARIOUS!!! We were all in tears from laughing so hard! that was the end of him for the whole concert! After it was over he said "I don't want to be in singing anymore, maybe when I grow up!"

1 comment:

Karrissa Winward said...

Oh I love that story! So funny!

Whatever they grow up to be, they are still our children, and the one most important of all the things we can give them is unconditional love. Not a love that depends on anything at all except that they are our children.