CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

The Sacred Grove

In the spring of 1820, Joseph Smith, Jr. entered this remnant of an ancient forest to kneel in prayer. The vision he beheld of God the Father and his Son, Jesus Christ, initiated the restoration to the earth of the fullness of the gospel of Jesus Christ.

Nine years later, in late June of 1829, Joseph Smith Jr. gathered a small group of his family and friends to a secluded spot in these woods and showed them the gold plates from which the Book of Mormon was translated. He allowed each of the eight participants to hold the ancient record, turn its pages and examine its characters. They prepared a written testimony, which was published in the Book of Mormon.

I had been to the Sacred Grove before, but I was like 14 and so I appreciated it a lot more this time. It was such a spiritual experience, even with 2 little kids! It was amazing to think that we were standing in the same place that Heavenly Father and Jesus appeared to Joseph Smith. I am so glad that we had the opportunity to make the trip here! It was JK's first time to the Sacred Grove and so it was very special!



Our Family in the Sacred Grove

I love this picture of Boston! I don't know what he is looking at, there was no one there, but whatever he was looking at was making him happy!

No comments:

Whatever they grow up to be, they are still our children, and the one most important of all the things we can give them is unconditional love. Not a love that depends on anything at all except that they are our children.