
Well here we are now in Pittsburgh for the summer! We made it here safe with no complications! My mom and Chelsey flew the boys out on the 8th of May and according to my Mom they did pretty well, and according to Chelsey they were horrible! haha She just thinks they were horrible because she does not have Children of her own yet! The picture above was taken the night before me and JK took off. I think at this point for my Dad it was sinking in that we were moving out of their house and taking his only 2 Grandchildren with us! It really was so hard moving out this time! Because this time I knew it was for good. We were not just leaving for the summer and returning to live with them again, we were leaving for the summer and then finding a place to live in Pocatello when we get back. I tried not to think about it, because when I did it would just bring tears to my eyes. We have lived at my parents since Kendon was born so I knew this was going to be a very difficult change on him. He has lived with not only his Grandparents but his Great Grandparents since he was born and didn't know any different! No more waking up at 6:30 am and going and visitng Great Grandma Carole Rae and Papa Don. No more sleeping in Uncle Jake's room. No more visiting Grandma and Papa in the middle of the night when he would wake up and wander the house. No more taking baths in Grandma's bathroom while she was getting ready. I know when we go and visit he can do these things, but it is just not the same. It is not his home anymore! Also for me I knew it was going to be a HUGE change. Living with my parents and grandparnets I had a lot of help with the kids when I needed it, and moving to Pittsburgh with JK working all day everyday I knew I was going to be all alone! I have realized that I started to become dependant on others helping me whenever I had something to do. So this is a good change for me! It is helping to me to make my kids my #1 priority and make sure that they are ALWAYS taken care of!
It was really hard when we first arrived in Pittsburgh. For the first week I don't think a day went by when Kendon would say "I want to go home" and it would break my heart! He did not know this strange place he was in. There were boxes everywhere, all our belongings were scattered, he had a new room, a new bed....the list goes on and on! But he has done pretty well adjusting. He is now calling our apartment "home" or "our apartment" And just when he gets settled in here, we will move away to somewhere new in Pocatello! But that will be a semi-permanent "home" for the next 4 years!

Kendon and Boston are really going to miss having Papa around all day everyday! Yes during the days he is busy working in his office, but Kendon would always go in a say hello, or at lunch time Papa would come out and play with him for 5 minutes. Kendon and my Dad have such a special bond. It is so fun to see my Dad play with him and love him!
JK and I are also going to miss having my Dad around! He was there for us for anything we needed. He always gave us good advice and just let us know he cared! He did so much for us and our little family! I am so greatful for him and his hospitality. Greatful that he let us live in his house for 3 years and put up with us! It saved us so much money and we are so thankful for that! WE LOVE YOU DAD!

I LOVE this picture!!!

We are all going to miss my Mom/Grandma so much too! We have been through so much together! The good and the bad! We were able to live there while she battled Cancer and help out. Now that I can look back on that I wish I would have helped more. She has done so much for me and the kids, I could never match up! I have learned so much from her! Both spiritually and on being a better Mother to my Children. She is my best friend! I cherish all of the time that we have had to spend together!
She was so helpful with Kendon and Boston! She would feed them, bathe them, put them down for naps, change their diapers...she did EVERYTHING when I needed help! Kendon loves her so much! He is her little buddy! He is going to miss not having her around everyday! Thank you Mom for all that you have done for our family! I cannot even express how greatful I am for you and our relationship!

A couple days before we moved! This picture is so cute!
We are also going to miss my Grandma and Grandpa! I have always had a special bond with them ever since I was a little girl, so to live in the same house with them and to have my children grow up around them has been such a treat! It broke my heart to move the boys away from them! Now that they are getting older and do not travel as much, I know we are not going to see them as often, but I am going to do everything I can to make sure that my boys know them and have a special bond with them just as I do! They are so special to me!
Grandma Carole Rae and Kendon always have so much fun together! They watched movies together, and she read him books all the time! Papa Don always played with Kendon! They would make believe together and just have a great time!
I appreciate all that they did for us! They helped us out a lot when we needed it! Whenever I would have to run errands and Kendon was sleeping they would listen for him, and it helped me SOOOO mcuh! Now that I am in Pittsburgh and have no one to do that, I realize how nice and convenient that was! We love you Grandma Carole Rae and Papa Don!
No comments:
Post a Comment