CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Grandpa Brown

January 20th we lost my sweet Grandpa to alzheimer's disease. He was diagnosed about a year ago and it hit him pretty hard the last few months of his life. I am going to miss him greatly, but I am so greatful that he does not have to suffer anymore. I feel sad that the last time I saw him was in July. When he started getting bad in January I was trying to plan a time that I could make a trip down to Apline to go and see him, I didn't realize how fast he was going to go. I look back now though and realize that maybe it was best that I didn't see him again. In July he was still communicating well and remembered who I was and was able to interact with my kids. He even had Kendon sit on his lap! If I would have went to see him in January it would have been totally different, and then that would have been the way that I would have remembered him. I am so greatful for my Grandpa and for his love for my Grandma. He was a great man. You will be missed my many! We love you Grandpa Brown!
These are pictures from about a year ago when we went to visit. Him and Kendon had a great time talking. Kendon sat on him lap for quite some time!
Love this picture!
My Grandma and Grandpa with the kids!

No comments:

Whatever they grow up to be, they are still our children, and the one most important of all the things we can give them is unconditional love. Not a love that depends on anything at all except that they are our children.