CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Being Induced!

I am actually at the hospital right now hooked to an IV with Pitocin!
Sunday I went to the hospital because I was vomiting, had blurry vision, and had a bad headache. They kept me there for 7 hours and did a bunch of tests on me. My blood work showed that my Platelets were on the verge of being too low. The doctor said if they are below 150 that is not good and mine were at a 153 so he was worried about that, and my Kidney function was a little off. They sent me home with a big jug to catch all of my urine for 24 hours and tested that at it came back normal. My doctor also put me on strict bed rest...I was only to get up to use the bathroom! This was not fun at all!
Tuesday I went in for my check-up and I was still having blurry vision and bad headaches. The doctor said I had 3 of the 4 signs of preeclampsia and if it were up to him he would induce me then, but since I was only 38 weeks he had to call the high risk doctor and check with him. My doctor told me to stay on bed rest and he would follow up with me after he called the high risk doctor.
Wednesday morning I got a call from my doctor saying he talked to the high risk doctor and he suggested he do a CT Scan on my head to check for bleeding or swelling. My doctor said this was just a precaution and he did not expect to find anything abnormal, but it was the next step he had to take. So Wednesday I went in for a CT Scan. I waited all day for the results and never heard anything!
Thursday I called the nurse to see if they had received the results and they had not. She said she would call the hospital and get back to me. About 3 pm I finally got a call back that everything was normal on the scan, but since I was still having blurry vision and headaches my doctor wanted to induce me.
So here I sit in the hospital room, patiently waiting for Boston to arrive! We got here at about 4:30 and they started me on Pitocin at 6 pm. I am optamistic that everything will go smoothly and not take forever! My doctor came in and broke my water at 6:40 so hopefully that will help make the process faster!

2 comments:

Karrissa Winward said...

Wow, what an ordeal! I am so sorry about everything! I can't wait to see pictures of the little guy!

Becky said...

We are praying for you! Loves!

Whatever they grow up to be, they are still our children, and the one most important of all the things we can give them is unconditional love. Not a love that depends on anything at all except that they are our children.