CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Update

I have not posted for a LONG time! So I am sorry for how long this post is, but I want to stay updated mostly for myself on what has been going on.
This past weekend we went to Utah for our nieces blessing and we were able to go and see the light at Temple Square. Kendon loved it, besides the fact that he did not want to be strapped down in his stroller, he wanted to run around! He pointed at all the lights and was ooohing and awing at everything.
Kendon loved looking at the statue of Jesus. He just stared at it forever pointing at it.
It was fun to watch the Nativity and Kendon enjoyed that at well.
I thought this was a very pretty picture of the Temple! We are so lucky to have so many Temples close to us!

Last week I took Kendon to an allergy specialist. The pricked his back 60 times! It was not fun, I felt so bad h=for him, but it was so worth it! I thought that he has a lot of food allergies because he was constantly pulling at his ears and pulling his hair like something was really bothering him. He would even gag himself until he threw up occasionally. So I decided it as time to take him in to be checked. The test results: VERY SEVERELY allergic to Tobacco (which gives me an excuse to have when he get older! All I have to say it you will die if you eer smoke or chew tobacco!) Severely allergic to Pigweed and Lamb's quarters which are just weeds. Moderately allergic to House dust, and Feather mix, which means we had to say goodbye to our Downcomforters :( And Mildly allergic to Milk.
So the doctor prescribed him with an antihistamine called Xyzal that he takes daily. He has been 100 times better since he has gone on that! I am so glad that I took him to get tested because it was so worth it!
This is his reaction to Tobacco! Sad...I know!!!
Over Thanksgiving Me, Chelsey and my dad re-did Chelsey's room. Here is how it started.
In the process
And the finished product. We had to do 3 coats of red to cover the green walls that she had to begin with. But it turned out really good!
We also re-did all of her furniture. He used a stripper to strip the stain and then we spraypainted them black and then sanded them in places to antique them. I think they turned out really good!


Thanksgiving! This is my Mom's beautiful place setting. We had Thanksgiving with just my immediate family and my Grandparents, and I must admit that it was nice to just have a relaxing dinner and not have to worry about a huge croud! Don't get me wrong though...I LOVE spending time with extended family too!
Grandpa preparing the turkey!
My Beautiful mother making the gravy!
Kendon eating is first thanksgiving turkey! He LOVED it!!!
Feeding his daddy his turkey once he was done!

9 comments:

Karrissa Winward said...

Cute pictures from SLC! Kendon's back made me so sad, that looks like it hurt like crazy! Poor kid. Hey are you guys going to be in Utah over Christmas at all? Also, could you email me your address? Thanks! karrissa@inpnet.org

Eric and Kortnee Johnson said...

I can't believe Kendon's skin from that testing. How do they do that? I am glad you found all of that information out though! Let's get together soon!

The Schmidt's said...

cute pics!! Poor Kendon! that's the saddest thing i've ever seen, but it's good you got that done! D-i miss you tons! love ya

Becky said...

Hey Danielle!

Are you coming to UTah for Christmas at all? I want to go shopping with you for decorations for my new house. I just LOVE your taste! Also they have a generic for xyzal... it can be costly to have to buy name brand xyzal all of the time.

Becky
801-589-2596

Anonymous said...

ugh i feel so bad for kendon. allergies stink! good thing you took him. that's funny about the tobacco - haha, and another good reason for him to not try it! your sister's room looks great! by the way, i really love your hair color now! it looks great on you!

Judy said...

I love the red room, and your mom looks so cute. Love her so much. When can you meet me in me in town? You are the best!

Courtney said...

You dad hired a stripper??? Did her pay her??? Just kidding... that was naughty, but reading that he used a stripper did make me laugh-- a good thing this early and at school working on finals! The end result looks amazing! poor kendon-- that looks like it could have been NO fun at all!

Abby said...

i can't wait to see the christmas lights at temple square!! Can't wait! I love em.
Poor guy, getting his allergies tested... oh that's a sad picture.

Court and Brade said...

I had to go to an allergy specialist in high school.... and just looking at my welts made me hyperventilate :) seriously! they did it on my back and arm... and then told me that I was pretty much allergic to every kind of grass, tree, and cat... I could have told them that ha ha!!!
Your hair looks cute dark by the way!

Whatever they grow up to be, they are still our children, and the one most important of all the things we can give them is unconditional love. Not a love that depends on anything at all except that they are our children.